Dependent Pass

The Dependent Pass gives authority for marries international students to bring their spouses or children to Malaysia. Follow the procedure required in order to apply for a dependent pass :

  1. Acknowledge Letter
  2. Photocopy of spouse or children passport (1 copy)
  3. Original document of spouse and children passport
  4. Photocopy of certificate marriage
  5. Letter from Embassy

Once complete, please submit all the documents to Immigration Department Malaysia in person.

Rules And Regulation

As a general rule, please note that a dependent pass is only applicable if the student is studying Bachelor’s degree or above. Diploma and certificate level students are not allowed to bring in their dependents.

You can apply for a Dependent Pass for your immediate family members (Parents, Spouse, and Children only) through EMGS. Immigration will issue your dependents with a Long Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP) for a maximum duration of 12 months at a time. The LTSVP will only be valid for as long as the student has a valid student pass.

This application will be made through the educational institution on behalf of your dependents who are in Malaysia. Each dependent who enters Malaysia on a social pass will be subject to a ‘Journey Performed’ visa fee of RM500 as well as a single entry visa fee (subject to nationality).

Rules and Procedures

All postgraduate students ecrolled in Public and Private Universities are eligible to apply for dependent passes on behalf of their families.

Undergraduate Students who are studying for their Bachelor’s Degree will only be eligible to apply for dependent passes on behalf of their families if they are citizen of the following countries :

  • Saudi Arabia
  • Bahrain
  • United Arab Emirates (UAE)
  • Turkey
  • Qatar
  • Azerbaijan
  • Palestinian Territories
  • Kuwait
  • Yemen

  • Iran
  • Syria
  • Oman
  • Jordan
  • Lebanon
  • Iraq
  • Libya
  • Maldives

Dependent Pass Application for International Students’ Children

Children below the age of 18 years old can remain and study in Malaysia while holding a dependent pass under their parents. Children of international students aged 18 years and above must apply separately for a student pass in the event that they wish to study in Malaysia.